- August 17, 2021
- Posted by: Gentrian Admin
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Multi asset Investment strategist will be responsible for oversight of multi asset portfolios and be a key member of our LONDON and NEW YORK senior investment management. The individual will work very closely with the Head of the Global macro strategies, Research and Advisory on product range and portfolio construction analysis and work closely with the STRATEGIC INTELLIGENCE TEAM. This is a senior management position, with an influential role which will require significant hands-on experience.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Investment lead on the multi asset portfolios, responsible for ensuring thorough research and intelligence of the STRATEGIC INTELLIGENCE TEAM landscape.
- Responsible for identification of multi asset investment opportunities along with asset class risk committee.
- Contribution and thought leadership of wider portfolio design and asset allocation-e.g alpha and risk targets, investment parameters.
- Production of portfolio thesis and other materials required.
- Undertaking research to identify key drivers of investment returns/relative performance.
- Identifying measuring and assessing relevant metrics of key drivers on a periodic basis.
- Meeting with investment committee on an ongoing basis to review performance.
- Supporting the COO in developing the investment function policies, processes and procedures to workflows are in place along with resources and workloads are effectively allocated.
- Acting as a mentor to and leading the development and training of junior investment team officers.
- The candidate must have a relevant degree (business, mathematics finance or economics).
- 8+ years robust industry experience within investment, ideally in a similar asset allocation role.
- Proactive and willing to assume responsibility and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Ability to prioritise multiple responsibilities to meet internal deadlines in a high volume, tight deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrate experience of portfolio management strategies.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Substantial proven leadership skills and experience in managing research and investment management.
- Develop and execute strategies for multi asset portfolios e.g (Base Metals and carbon credits).
- Assist the STRATEGIC INTELLIGENCE TEAM in developing and enhancing analytical processes.
- Improve and scale portfolio risk taking.
- Participate in portfolio construction and risk-taking decisions.
- Identify short- and longer-term opportunities based on micro and macro fundamentals.
- Use new and existing insights to support idea generation on Base Metals and carbon credits.
- Challenge consensus views and monitor volatility.
- Manage and build a strong and dynamic commodity & carbon credits vertical-
- Prior working experience in the Commodity sector
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferably in statistics, mathematics, computer science, finance or economics
- High GPA (>3.8) or 1st Class Hons degree
- Strong understanding of financial modelling, specifically using Python, VBA and Matlab
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills with strong written and verbal communications
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and thrive in fast pace team environment
OTHER PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- A collegial work style, sense of humour, and a thick skin.
- Strong work ethic and ability to be successful in a high intensity environment.
- Combines strength of convictions with low ego needs.
- Able to remain calm and objective in the face of periods of excessive optimism or extreme pessimism in the capital markets.
- Unassailable ethics and integrity.